This Asparagus Tart is made with fresh asparagus and lemon juice, flaky puff pastry and smooth vegan soft cheese. This simple Asparagus and Lemon Tart recipe is ideal for busy days or long summer evenings.
The best part about this asparagus recipe is that it is just four ingredients.
Made with Coconut Oil this soft cheese is surprisingly like the real thing, it even melts just as a typical soft cheese would.
The tart lemon and creamy soft cheese make this the perfect summer recipe to eat sitting in the sunshine with friends and a glass of something cold.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
When you roll out the pastry use the longest piece of asparagus as a guide as to how far you can fold the edges over to make the crust.
I use the ready-rolled puff pastry because I have no time to make my own. If you would like to try this with homemade pastry here is a recipe for you.
Spread the soft cheese out evenly. I didn't and it kind of pooled in some areas and wasn’t as thick in others.
Get an unwaxed lemon, nothing changes the outcome of a dish quicker than wax instead of zest.
A. My favourite was to cook asparagus are;
- Cooking in the oven or dry fry in a pan with some pepper and lemon juice
- Pop them on the BBQ for a nice flavour and crunch.
more tart recipes
Asparagus and Lemon Tart Recipe
- 300 g puff pastry I use Jus Rol Ready-Rolled pastry
- 170 g soft cheese I use Tesco vegan garlic and herb soft cheese
- 125 g asparagus
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6.
- Roll out the puff pastry and fold each edge over 1 or 2 cm.
- Spread the soft cheese over the pastry. Make sure to stay within the crust you've just folded.
- Lay the asparagus over the soft cheese layer. It doesn't need to be too neat but don't overlap them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry crust is golden and crispy.
- Before serving add the juice and zest of ½ a lemon across the top of the tart.