‘CHORIZO’ GNOCCHI RECIPE
This Chorizo Gnocchi recipe is so perfect for busy days.
The crunchy chroizo and soft gnocchi complement each other really well, while the spinach, butternut squash and red onion makes it feel fresh.
It’s quick to prepare and cook so it’s always a favourite in our house.
If you’re a plant-based beginner you need to make this recipe as it gives you the benefits of a healthy plant-based meal, while also the familiarity of a meat replacement.
I know you’re busy so you can find the recipe at the top, while further on in the post you can also find;
- The nutritional info.
- How to cook chorizo.
- Tips for making this recipe.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let me know in the comments section below.
PLANT-BASED | VEGAN | VEGETARIAN | DAIRY-FREE
- 8 plant-based chorizo style sausages I use the Wicked Kitchen version that can be found in Tesco, however you could use any chorizo style sausage.
- 2 packs gnocchi I use the Di Martino Mini Gnocchi Tricolore from Tesco.
- 500 g butternut squash diced
- 4 medium red onions diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- Dice the red onion and butternut squash, and finely chop the garlic
- Slice the chorizo into 1cm chunks
- Boil the gnocchi in a pan until it starts to float. This usually only takes a couple of minutes.
- In a large frying pan add the red onion, butternut squash, chorizo slices and garlic. Cook this until the butternut squash is soft.
- Once the butternut squash is soft, add the cooked gnocchi and spinach to the pan and cook until the spinach has wilted
Calories: 816 kcal
Net Carbs: 139g
HOW TO COOK CHORIZO
My favourite ways to cook chorizo are;
- Bake the sausages in the oven for 20 minutes like in this Chorizo Ratatouille recipe.
- Thickly slice them and dry fry them in a pan.
TIPS TO MAKE THE RECIPE
Are you running behind on time? Save yourself some prep time by buying ready prepared butternut squash and red onion.
MORE FROM BEET AND TWO VEG