Chorizo and Vegetable Traybake
The plant-based chorizo sausages are satisfying for any diet, I've even had some hardcore meat-eaters swoon over this one!
The thing that makes this dish so amazing in every way is that it cooks in one pan, looks good in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves, and it tastes so good!
If you’re a plant-based beginner you need to make this recipe as it gives you the benefits of a healthy plant-based meal, while also the familiarity of a meat replacement.
This recipe is absolutely a meal in itself. However, if you want this to be part of a larger sharing meal or are super hungry then there are a few ways I'd suggest serving;
- Add some crusty bread for dipping in the delicious sauce
- Serve with rice, couscous or potato wedges and salad.
I chop my veg into chunks of 2cm/3cm because I like them a bit chunkier. If you want something that cooks a bit quicker so you can bung it all in the pan in one go and cook for 20 minutes then just cut the veg smaller.
If you're short on time or are in a bit of a lazy mood you can buy a casserole veg mix or packs of ready prepared veg from the supermarket. They’re normally cut to the right size and means you can get this in the oven with no prep.
more chorizo recipes
'Chorizo' Vegetable Traybake Recipe
- 8 plant-based chorizo style sausages I use the Wicked Kitchen version that can be found in Tesco, however you could use any chorizo style sausage. If you can't find this use normal plant-based sausages and add 3 tbsp of paprika to get a similar taste.
- 5 carrots
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 corn on the cobs
- 2 lemons
- 150 g tomatoes I use plum or cherry but you can use any type of tomato
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 stock cube
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6.
- Chop the aubergine, sweet potato and carrots into 2cm/3cm chunks, and half the lemons and tomatoes.
- Add them to an oven dish along with all of the stock (made according to the packet instructions), and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- At the 20 minute mark remove from the oven and add the tomatoes, lemon and corn on the cob.
- Give this a good stir and spread the sausages out evenly on top before putting it back in the oven for the final 20 minutes.