Stuffed Pasta Bake
Made with fresh spinach and sweet potato, smoky paprika, giant pasta shells, and tangy chopped tomatoes. This nutritious Stuffed Pasta Bake recipe is ideal to get little ones helping in the kitchen.
Now, this one is a bit more effort but...oh boy, it's worth it!
The tomato base of this dish makes it feel so rich and decadent with an added punch from the smokey paprika flavour.
Meanwhile, the sweet potato pasta filling is silky, smooth and deliciously creamy.
If you're looking for a healthier dinner option this is packed full of veggies, including a much-needed serving of leafy greens in the spinach.
For another delicious recipe that gives you a healthy dose of your leafy greens then head on over to our Tomato Bean Bake recipe next.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let me know in the comments section below.
Wait for the pasta and the mix to cool completely. You may think that you can stuff the pasta without getting any of the mix on your on your hands - you can't!
Cooking with Kids
Stuffed Pasta Bake Recipe
- 250 g Conchiglioni Rigati pasta (these are giant pasta shells)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 tub vegan soft cheese I use the Tesco brand garlic and herb vegan soft cheese. If you're using a plain version its a good idea to add extra herbs and garlic to the sweet potato and cheese filling.
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C | 392F | Gas 6
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into chunks of around 1.5 inches.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- Boil the sweet potatoes until they're cooked through and soft.
- Mash the sweet potato, and mix in the soft cheese and spinach
- In a separate bowl mix a tin of chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and paprika
- Pour the tomato mixture into a baking dish
- Spoon the sweet potato, cheese and spinach mixture into each pasta shell until it is just overflowing and lay in the dish with the open part of the pasta shell facing upwards.
- Once you have fit as many pasta shells as you can into the oven dish pop it in the oven for 10 minutes.