This tofu scramble makes the perfect addition to any breakfast, brunch or lunch.
It's simple, tastes delicious and the little ones love it - honestly, my 7 month old dove on his bowl like someone was about to steal it from him!
To switch it up a bit why not add some potatoes and turn it into a Tofu Hash.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
This is so versatile you can pair it with so many foods to make a delicious meal.
- Have it as part of a traditional English breakfast.
- Enjoy it with roasted sweet potatoes and plant-sausages
- Keep it simple by serving on top of toast.
When you crumble your tofu make sure you leave some larger chunks as if it's all small pieces you're not going to get much texture.
I don’t use any oil to cook off the veg or tofu. If you find its sticking just add a splash of water and that will fix it.
If, like me, you cry as soon as you get anywhere near an onion then you need to know this hack! Use a food processor to chop your onions. Just peel the outer skin off, cut them into quarters or halves (depending how big your onion is), and pop them in the food processor. Make sure you do short bursts in the processor and keep checking on them or you may end up with onion paste instead of a finely chopped onion!
Cooking with kids
This is such a simple recipe that it's really easy to cook with kids. Depending on their age they could dice the veg, crumble the tofu, or even make the whole thing!
Click here to see our guide to how you can get your little ones involved in the kitchen.
- 280 g tofu
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large red onion
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Finely dice the red pepper and red onion and sautee them in a pan
- As the onions and peppers start to soften crumble the tofu in (head to the recipe tips section for more info on this step)
- Add in all the spices and mix everything together
- Cook for a further couple of minutes and you'll be done!